[cvsnt] Re: Client Lockup during Checkout

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Fri Mar 18 16:53:31 GMT 2005

Casimiro Daniel NPRI wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am having a problem where the client locks up while I check out sources

 > Concurrent Versions System (CVS) 1.11.18 (client/server)

I'm guessing this is a server issue, since 2.0.58d has been stable since
last October and there haven't been any reports of it until only a week ago.

It's probably able to be worked around on the client somehow, but I've
not been able to replicate it at all so can't see what's going on - it
sounds like the server isn't terminating correctly, so the client just
sits there waiting for it to do something.

Can you try with different server versions to see when it started?   It
might give a clue how to detect the problem and work around it.