[cvsnt] Help Needed Please: "Authentication protocol rejected access"

dennis gg denn007x at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 22 19:59:02 GMT 2005

Hello

Using WinCVS, I am having trouble connecting to the CVSNT server,
located on a different computer. Both computers have XP.

I get the following message:
cvs update -P -d (in directory C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\somePROJECT\)
cvs [update aborted]: Authentication protocol rejected access
(using the following CVSROOT:
sspi;hostname=MAINFRAME;port=2401:\cvsrepo)

However, remote access was working fine until I disconnected my
Router a few days ago.

The server is listening on ports 2401/2402, and I can 'ping' back
and forth.

I am using CVSNT 2.0.51d and WinCVS 1.3.20.2

I am at my wits end.
I appreciate any help.
A.

Designer Mail isn't just fun to send, it's fun to receive. Use special
stationery, fonts and colors.
first two months FREE*.