[cvsnt] CVSNT Broken! taginfo - Additional Info

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu Mar 24 18:51:27 GMT 2005

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 18:45:21 +0000, Tony Hoyle <tmh at nodomain.org>
wrote:

>Bo Berglund wrote:
>> I was responsible for identifying that taginfo had to change since we
>> discovered on our large sandboxes that tagging could not be done.
>> This is because at about 4K the command line cannot grow more before
>> Windows throws an exception and refuses to run the script.
>
>I've used a platform where the command line limit was 1024 bytes...
>that was a Unix version as well.
>
>Putting parameters on the command line isn't really scalable - it's not
>just a Windows problem.
>
>Tony

So far we have been letting the loginfo list of files stay on the
command line because it is seldom the case that someone commits
several hundred long-name files in one go.
But whan that happens then the  %{sVvt} syntax is waiting to produce
the same kind of error from Windows as taginfo was.
But it is of course much more common to tag an entire folder of many
files than to commit them after editing...

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)