[cvsnt] Re: Trying to backtrack to 2.0.51d but getting errors...

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Wed Mar 30 21:21:09 BST 2005

Bo Berglund wrote:
> What good does the CVS/Tag file do???

It's the folder tag, which defines what tag is used for newly added
files, or for files which have been added by someone else since the last
update.

The problem is it tends to override everything, since there's only one
idea of 'tag' within the code.  I've put in a workaround but I'm going
to have to put it through some rigorous testing as I don't trust it to
do the right thing in all cases.

It's interesting that nobody noticed this all the way back to 2.0.51....
I'd thought that mixing tags was more common than that.