[cvsnt] Changing Server IP Addresses

Siegfried Heintze siegfried at heintze.com
Thu Mar 31 17:02:23 BST 2005

I'm going thru hell trying to find and configure a router/firewall/nat box
that will allow me to host multiple external IP addresses.

I was using 192.168.0.8 has the address of my cvsnt host. But, my routers
want to use 192.168.1.1 so I changed the address of my server to be
192.168.1.8.

Ooopss, this screwed up the sand boxes on my other machines. So I go back to
my windows server and change the address mask to be 255.255.0.0 and add
192.168.0.8 in addition to 192.168.1.8 but for some reason this does not fix
the problem. I think the problem is that this linksys router UI won't let me
change its network mask to 255.255.0.0. Now I know why these boxes are so
cheap.

So now what do I do? Do I have to create (checkout) new sandboxes on my
other machines? I hope not. Can I edit the files in the CVS directory to
tell them the server is now at 192.168.1.8? I tried that but could not find
the correct file.

Thanks,
Siegfried