[cvsnt] Re: 2.5.01 loginfo problem

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Thu May 5 18:03:52 BST 2005

Tony Hoyle wrote:
> If you want to run multiple scripts on checkin then being able to
> specify multiple lines is quite useful (and to me the only sane
> behaviour).  You can always make a regular expression that narrows it
> down to a single line..  eg. in the example given limiting it to a
> whole-line match (adding $) would have produced the intended
> behaviour... as it was written on 2.0.51 only the first line *ever*
> fired...

Sounds easy enough, but if you have a structure like this then you'll
still need to work some magic:

dir
   subdir
     subdir1
       xxx
       yyy
     subdir1a
       qqq
     subdir1b
     subdir1c
       xxx
       yyy
   subdir2
   subdir3
   subdir4
   subdir5

E.g., normally subdir1b would match ^dir/subdir and everything below,
but with the $ at the end that falls apart.  Without it and you have
dir/subdir1 and dir/subdir1a matching twice.

^dir/subdir/subdir1a    SendMail
^dir/subdir/subdir1    SendMail
^dir/subdir        SendMail
^dir            SendMail

would become something like this:

^dir/subdir/subdir1a[/.+]?$    SendMail
^dir/subdir/subdir1[/.+]?$    SendMail
^dir/subdir[^subdir1a|subdir1]  SendMail
^dir[^subdir]            SendMail

Forgive me if my expressions are wrong, I'm still fairly new to using them.

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett