[cvsnt] Is there a CVSNT Archive Validator Tool

Matt Schuckmann matthew_schuckmann at amat.com
Thu May 5 19:08:54 BST 2005

I'm going to be porting several MKS archives to CVSNT, I've already found a
collection of scripts on the net to convert the MKS specific RCS archives to
CVS archives and it generally seems to work ok.

What I'm looking for is a tool or script that validates the format of the
archive files (the ,v files) for CVS, something that can tell you yep the
required fields are there, the tags, the keyword flags are set properly, and
branches are specified correctly, the syntax for the diffs is correct, etc.

So far it's been my experience that if there is something wrong with an
archive file CVS doesn't do a very good job of telling you about it. It
seems that you have have to explicitly touch or checkout every revision and
or tag to find any problems with the format of the ,v files.

Thanks
Matt S.