[cvsnt] multiple repostiories in Linux

ankush grover ankush174 at yahoo.com
Fri May 6 09:12:05 BST 2005

Hey friends,

 I have configured cvs on Linux(FC3).I have 3
developer teams.I want separate repositories for the
teams.

team1 repository /opt/cvs1
team2 repository /opt/cvs2
team3 repository /opt/cvs3

If this is not possible then any other way around.

There should not be any inference from any team in the
other team's work.

I initialized the repository

cvs -d /opt/cvs init

export CVSROOT=/opt/cvs

But i don't know how to initialized the other
repositories.I have only one CVS server.

Moreover if links to some tutorials through which I
can make cvs more secure for ex restrictive access for
the users like allowing some users checkout module
only read only ,some no authority at all for checkout
module.Some can't import the directories/folders or
means checkin.

I would be very grateful if somebody can guide me.

Thanks & Regards

Ankush Grover

Yahoo! Mail