[cvsnt] commit with -r option [ Vírusmentes]

Daniel Lapolla ldlapolla at yahoo.com
Tue May 10 15:38:45 BST 2005

Tony,

Can you provide a receipt for those who need commit -r to add new files
directly into a branch?

Example:

cvs commit -m Test -r my_branch foo.txt

***** CVS exited normally with code 1 *****

commit: invalid option -- r
Usage: cvs.exe commit [DnRlf] [-B bug | -b bug ] [-m msg | -F logfile]
[-r rev] files...
	-b bugid	Only commit files related to bug.
	-B bugid	Mark files with bug.
	-c		Check for valid edits before committing.
	-D		Assume all files are modified.
	-F logfile	Read the log message from file.
	-e		Keep edited files.
	-f		Force the file to be committed; disables recursion.
	-n		Do not run the module program (if any).
	-l		Local directory only (not recursive).
	-m message	Log message.
	-R		Process directories recursively.
(Specify the --help global option for a list of other help options)

Thanks in advance

Daniel