[cvsnt] Re: CVSNT install failed and now Windows XP machineiscrashing

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Tue May 10 15:32:35 BST 2005

If you have the original Windows XP CD available, then boot from it and
on the first screen select Install Windows (don't use repair console).
Then a bit further on you will be given the opportunity to do a "Repair"
of the existing Windows installation. Be careful that the wording is
showing that it has discovered the existing install and offer to repair.

If you choose this option then it will reinstall all system files fresh
from the CD, but not touch any other files or settings so you will keep
all of the installed other programs etc.
If you had installed from a CD without SP2 then the end result is that
you have to reapply SP2 after the reinstall is finished.

I have done this cycle several times over the last week or so now... :-(
All of my installed programs were kept untouched.

/Bo