[cvsnt] Re: Binary files after removed download like text files

Arbesto Pelta arbesto_pelta at yahoo.es.remove-it
Tue May 10 15:45:20 BST 2005

"Arbesto Pelta" <arbesto_pelta at yahoo.es.remove-it> wrote in message
news:d5qgd2$8hr$1 at paris.nodomain.org...
> Hello,
>
> I am using CVSNT 2.5.01 Build 1910. I see that the Build 1927 is available
> but I dont see it in the history section and a bad experience with the
> release 2.0.58d did me more careful.
>
> Well, I am experiencing a odd thing when I do a CVS remove over a binary
> file:
>
> - Before the "cvs remove" all is fine. The file is marked like binary (and
> the keywords are none) and when I checkout it or take it using viewcvs the
> file is ok.
> - After I do the "cvs remove" the file is marked equally (binary an
keywords
> are none) but if I download the previous revisions via viewcvs the file is
> downloaded bad because the "0a0d" sequeneces are substituted by "0a" ones.
> - I recovered it doing a typical "cvs add" and after it if I try to
download
> the previous revision via viewcvs or via tortoise but the file is
downloaded
> bad again.
>
> Now I tried to do an update -kb / commit -f process to redo it binay but
> really this is unsuccessful because really the file ever was binary and
the
> cvs remove didnt change this condition.
>
> Thanks

Now I compare the ,v files before and after the cvs remove operation and I
see that the CVSNT has changed the hexa "0a0d" sequences to "0a" ones inside
the ,v file... I think that this could do every binary file cvs-removed
irrecoverable!