[cvsnt] Re: Alert: Binary files are corrupted when you do a cvs remove

Matt Schuckmann matthew_schuckmann at amat.com
Fri May 13 18:07:59 BST 2005

I just reverified that the bug exists using version 2.5.01 (Travis) Build
1949 on the both sever and the client. The server is a Windows 2K system and
the client is a Windows XP system.

Here is exactly what I did.

I created  a text file with DOS lined endings (i.e. 0D0A)
I verified via hex editor that 0D0A was there for every new line.

I added the file as a binary file with the command.

cvs add -kB -m" " test3.txt
cvs ci -m" " test3.txt

I deleted the file from my sandbox and rechecked out the file with the
command.
cvs up -A -C test3.txt

I verified that the file has all the 0D0A sequencies I expect.

I deleted the file from my sandbox then removed it from the CVS module via
the command
cvs remove test3.txt
cvs ci -m" " test3.txt

I then checked out rev 1.1 of the file.
cvs up -r 1.1 test3.txt

I used hex a editor to check for 0D0A line endings and found that all 0D0A
sequences are changed to just 0A.

Matt S.

news:d627d5$nu6$1 at paris.nodomain.org...