[cvsnt] Can't log in to cvsnt 2.5.01

commedo commedo at portal.ebdesk.com
Mon May 16 02:36:43 BST 2005

> 1. The 'admin' file resides in <path to repository>/CVSROOT. Your path
from above is missing a second (UPPERCASE) CVSROOT.

Sorry, I'm miswritten only. What I mean is /usr/local/cvsroot/CVSROOT.

For better assumption, I'll write down all steps I've done:

(0) OS: RHEL AS 3
(1) I create user 'cvsnt'
(2) /etc/cvsnt/PServer

Repository0=/usr/local/cvsroot
LockServer=localhost:2402

(3) /etc/xinet.d/cvsnt

service cvspserver
{
        disable        = no
        socket_type    = stream
        wait           = no
        user           = cvsnt
        group          = cvsnt
        log_type       = FILE /home/cvsnt/cvspserver.log
        env            = 'HOME=/user/local/cvsroot'
        server         = /usr/local/bin/cvsnt
        server_args    = authserver
}

(4) I restart xinetd service, and cvslockd listen on port 2402 and
cvspserver on port 2401
(5) I change ownership of /usr/local/cvsroot

drwxrwsr-x    3 cvsnt    cvsnt     4096 May  3 15:07 cvsroot

(5) I change ownership of /usr/local/cvsroot/CVSROOT

drwxrwsr-x    3 cvsnt    cvsnt     4096 May 16 08:09 CVSROOT

(6) I add 'cvsnt' in file /usr/local/cvsroot/CVSROOT/admin
(7) I tried log in via SSH for user 'cvsnt' via SSH is OK (to test it)
(8) I tried log in to CVSNT server as following:

cvs -d :pserver:cvsnt at 192.168.50.41:/usr/local/cvsroot login
Logging in to :pserver:cvsnt at 192.168.50.41:2401:/usr/local/cvsroot
CVS password:
cvs [login aborted]: authorization failed: server 192.168.50.41 rejected
access to /usr/local/cvsroot for user cvsnt

My question is still, how can I make all this work? Am I still missing
something?

Sorry, and thx for any help.

regards,

commedo