[cvsnt] Safe to run multiple concurrent instances of CVSNT client using local protocol on the same machine

Matt Schuckmann matthew_schuckmann at amat.com
Tue May 17 19:41:58 BST 2005

Is it safe to run multiple concurrent instances of CVSNT client using the
local protocol?

I've setup a script to transfer our source from our old CM software to CVS
by doing checkouts (of every revision of every file) from the old system and
check in's to CVS. I'm running the script on the CVS server using the local
protocol to make it faster but it's still pretty slow and I'm wondering if I
can speed it up by running multiple concurrent instances of the script
(therefore multiple CVSNT clients using the local protocol) with each
instance working on a different part of the source?

Further more is it safe to use the local protocol localy on the server while
others are accessing the repository via the remote protocols?

Matt S.