[cvsnt] Server cannot lock

Paul Ardis paul.ardis at gmail.com
Thu May 19 18:33:02 BST 2005

I'm pretty new at CVS still, so this may be stupid:

I'm running CVSNT version 2.5.1.1969 on two WinXP machines, and mapping the
CVS repository from the first as a network drive for the second.  I'm then
accessing it using the -N option on cvs, doing all my stuff from the command
line.

I add a test file (test.txt, which is a one-line text document) to the
repository in a module, and that proceeds just fine.  I then try to commit
the file for the first time, however, and get the message that the server
"cannot lock" the file.  I can't seem to figure out why this is, as no other
processes are attempting to modify any of this, the file exists, and I
haven't done anything else in this module.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

- Paul Ardis