RE: Re : [cvsnt] Unknown expansion option ' æ'

David Somers dsomers at trevezel.com
Tue May 31 20:12:03 BST 2005

> Writing is always done in rcs.cpp.  There's some code in import.cpp too
> which creates new files but that doesn't appear to be the problem since
> it would affect the first revision in that case.

Yep. It seems to go wrong when the second import happens... perhaps related
commitid, perhaps not.

Will dig around rcs.cpp further.
My initial guess was that something was happening around line 5052 (or so):
 np->data =
xstrdup((options&&*options)?options+2:(rcs->expand?rcs->expand:"kv"));

Perhaps options is invalid?

> > p.s. Is there any easy way that I can put dome debug code into
> the server to
> > track down this problem.
>
> Multiple -t options will give you some help.  trace(3,xxx) is my usual
> way of tracing, although in fact for the server printf will work.

Thanks.

Meanwhile, my airco unit at home has leaked water and been slowly flooding
my living room... finally noticed today when my feet were getting damp....
so debugging takes a back seat whilst I rip out one very damaged carpet and
get the insurance paperwork filed.

Greetings,

David.