[cvsnt] error message with sspi

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Fri Nov 4 15:00:43 GMT 2005

On Fri, 04 Nov 2005 08:56:25 +0100, "Stephane Basile"
<stephane at experian-scorex.com> wrote:

>Hi Adrian,
>
>your CVSROOT should be something
>like : :sspi:adrian at localhost:d:/cvs_dir
>
>were adrian is your cvs user name and d:/cvs_dir the repository you want
>to access.

Not really, the normal setting is:
  :sspi:cvsserver:/repository
and no login. SSPI uses the same login as was used when logging on to
Windows in this case.

Especially in the case of localhost (which by definition you have
already logged on to) the connection string should look like this:
  :sspi:localhost:/alex
or
  :sspi:yourpcnamehere:/alex

>Then when you will log in, you will be prompted for your password.

No login needed, it is already done when startiung the Windows
session.

>On Thu, 2005-11-03 at 20:48 +0000, Adrian Roskrow wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I have just installed cvsnt and wincvs, installing a repository from a
>> crashed machine. I keep getting an error message as follows when ever I try
>> to checkout a module:-
>>       'cvs [checkout aborted]: Can't authenticate - server and client cannot
>> agree on an authentication scheme (got '')'
>> the CVSROOT is as follows ':sspi;hostname=localhost:/alex'
>> What am I doing wrong?

Did you configure the new server correctly?
Which version of CVSNT did you install, the latest one byu now is
2.5.03.2141

Did you restart the PC after installing CVSNT?

What happens if you type cvs -ver on the command prompt?

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)