[cvsnt] Problem getting to freepository with 2.5.02 (build 2115)

Dominique de Waleffe domi-cvsnt at dewaleffe.org
Sat Nov 5 16:54:37 GMT 2005

A while ago (last year) I was able to work with data on freepository.com
using cvsnt. Recently I got a new account there, and also upgraded my
system to cvsnt 2.5.02 (build 2115).

I cannot do anything with it to access my repository. I get a strange 0
(zero) being printed and an error: connection to server failed.
See trace below:
[6]>cvs -ttttttttt -n update
16:51:00:   -> Tracelevel set to 9.  PID is 1072
16:51:00:   -> Session ID is 430436cd4e41d18
16:51:00:   -> Session time is Sat Nov  5 15:51:00 2005
16:51:00:   -> CVS Server is acting as standalone
16:51:00:   -> CVS Directory is c:\PROGRA~1\CVSNT
16:51:00:   -> main loop with
CVSROOT=:sserver;version=1:MYLOGIN at freepository.com:MYPORT/mnt/usbhd/fp/fp1/MYROOTNAME
0
cvs [update aborted]: Connection to server failed
{16:51:00 ~/yy/root}

However, using a quite recent version of Tortoise CVS, using the same
CVSROOT, I can connect and do what I need.

The version of CVSNT that runs behind Tortoise is:
2.5.02 (Servalan) Build 2064

I thought that the problem might be due to an old dll, but this does not
seem to be the case as I still have that behaviour after removing older
files installed from previous version and reinstalling cvsnt cleanly.

Has anything changed recently regarding the sserver connection?
Has anybody seen this behaviour? What more can I do to fight this problem?

Thanks,

Dominique