[cvsnt] ? status upon checkout on CVS dirs

Rndea rNdea at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 9 18:30:52 GMT 2005

Hello Folks!

I wonder why CVS displays the status '?' on the CVS dirs that it creates
  by itself?!
I create a directory, I import it as a new module to the repository, and
I check it out. I would expect that it will bring it with 'U' status
just like the other files, or another status. But '?' as far as I looked
into the documentation means that CVS doesn't know what to with them -
it does not belong to repository.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks,
rNdea

Below is an exmaple of the test that I did:

$ cvs import -m "Here we live togethere" PrjTry rndea start
N PrjTry/walla.txt
cvs server: Importing F:\rndea\ExampleCVSRootDir/PrjTry/Level1
N PrjTry/Level1/enshalla.txt
N PrjTry/Level1/yalla.txt
cvs server: Importing F:\rndea\ExampleCVSRootDir/PrjTry/Level1/Level2
N PrjTry/Level1/Level2/atalla.txt
N PrjTry/Level1/Level2/falatalla.txt

No conflicts created by this import

$ cd ..
$ ls
CN Credit  CVSROOT  PrjTry

$ mv PrjTry/ PrjTry-Backup

$ ls
CN Credit  CVSROOT  PrjTry-Backup

$ cvs co PrjTry
cvs server: Updating PrjTry
U PrjTry/walla.txt
? PrjTry/CVS
cvs server: Updating PrjTry/Level1
U PrjTry/Level1/enshalla.txt
U PrjTry/Level1/yalla.txt
? PrjTry/Level1/CVS
cvs server: Updating PrjTry/Level1/Level2
U PrjTry/Level1/Level2/atalla.txt
U PrjTry/Level1/Level2/falatalla.txt
? PrjTry/Level1/Level2/CVS