[cvsnt] How to commit large Outlook.pst file?

dgzielke at aep.com dgzielke at aep.com
Thu Nov 10 14:03:59 GMT 2005

WHAT?!?!   Why on earth would you want to add a MAIL file to CVS?!?!?!?!

Thanks,
Don Zielke
American Electric Power
Direct (614) 716-3453
Audinet 8-200-3453
Email dgzielke (at) aep.com

             "Siegfried
             Heintze"
             <siegfried at heintz                                          To
             e.com>                    <cvsnt at cvsnt.org>
             cvsnt-bounces at cvs
             nt.org                                                Subject
                                       [cvsnt] How to commit large
                                       Outlook.pst file?
             11/10/2005 12:50
             AM

I have a large file called Outlook.pst. I created it using  the  "cvs -d
:pserver:siegfried at 127.0.0.1/CVS_Outlook  add -kBox Outlook.pst".

Will that "B" mean that it commits using deltas? I hope so.

So what did I do with the -kBox? Does it store deltas everytime I commit
instead of storing a new copy? I hope so. X meands "enforce reserved edit
(edit-x) for the file". Now what does that mean?

Now according to the --help command line help, o means "Don't change
keywords" but the cvsnt.chm says "Generate the old keyword string, present
in the working file just before it was checked in. For example, for the
Revision keyword, generate the string $Revision: 1.1.2.1;$ instead of
$Revision$ if that is how the string appeared when the file was checked
in."

Could this be the reason I'm getting