[cvsnt] Re: Workspaceviewer question (2.5.03.2147) (0/1)

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu Nov 10 23:50:21 GMT 2005

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 23:32:30 +0000, Tony Hoyle
<tony.hoyle at march-hare.com> wrote:

>Bo Berglund wrote:
>> I have just installed 2.5.03.2147
>> The WorkSpaceViewer behaves a bit strangely...
>> When I open it and expand the local server (POLARIS) there are 5
>> *unnamed* folders below it. (See Workspaceviewer1.png)
>
>Odd.. that would imply blank repository descriptions, and those should
>be initialised by default anyway.

I opened the control panel and sure enough there were no descriptions
ther. After I added descriptions (different ones for my repos) then
the browsing started to behave sensibly.
My repository is the test one I have been using almost a year now for
various tests with the newest builds. When it was created there was no
Description property available, and I have not added one before now.
Anyway after doing that it works.

>> When I try to add the server CVSSERVER it is listed but when I try to
>> expand its unnamed folder I get an error message. I am online to that
>> server via VPN and WinCvs can easily operate on it using cvs.exe build
>> 2147.
>
>You shouldn't be getting an error even if the username is wrong... what
>error are you getting?

I restarted Workspaceviewer and repeated the server addition,
specified sspi as protocol and this time I filled in '/PC' in the
Directory box (probably was 'PC' before). (I did not know what should
be entered here, is it a repository name or what?)
/PC is one of the repositories on that server.
THe Keyword box is left empty, what goes into that?

Now when i expand the still *unnamed* folder below the CVSSERVER name
I get a whole bunch of subfolders displayed (no error message
anymore).
But these folders are not all from the server I am expanding...
In fact most of them are from my local server, but there are a number
of folders from the actual server as well....
Seems like the viewer adds all folders from POLARIS plus some or all
of the folders from CVSSERVER.

I don't know what the requirement is for a server to make it possible
to view like this, but CVSSERVER is running CVSNT 2.0.38 at the
moment. I have lost the ability to establish a Remote Desktop on that
machine via VPN, which I could do until some time ago. So I can't
update it until next year when I travel to the USA.... :-(

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)