[cvsnt] Re: Workspaceviewer question (2.5.03.2147) (0/1)

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Thu Nov 10 23:57:13 GMT 2005

Bo Berglund wrote:
> I restarted Workspaceviewer and repeated the server addition,
> specified sspi as protocol and this time I filled in '/PC' in the
> Directory box (probably was 'PC' before). (I did not know what should
> be entered here, is it a repository name or what?)

Just the directory/module name... should start with a '/' if it's going
to work.  I probably should check for that...

> /PC is one of the repositories on that server.
> THe Keyword box is left empty, what goes into that?

Things like force=NTLM, etc.  mostly shouldn't be needed.

> Now when i expand the still *unnamed* folder below the CVSSERVER name
> I get a whole bunch of subfolders displayed (no error message
> anymore).

Shouldn't have an unnamed folder in that case, since it's a fixed entry.
Hmm...

> But these folders are not all from the server I am expanding...
> In fact most of them are from my local server, but there are a number
> of folders from the actual server as well....
> Seems like the viewer adds all folders from POLARIS plus some or all
> of the folders from CVSSERVER.
>
> I don't know what the requirement is for a server to make it possible
> to view like this, but CVSSERVER is running CVSNT 2.0.38 at the

Anything should work.. even old cvshome servers, provided there's enough
info to make the connection.

cvsnt 2.5 servers are easier - you just enter the name and it works out
the rest automatically (in theory.. seems to work most of the time anyway).