[cvsnt] REg-->CVS Error while running the commands from the command prompt

Sathyanarayanan.M sathyanarayananm at bahwancybertek.com
Thu Nov 17 19:59:57 GMT 2005

Hi,

I am using WinCVS as the client and my CVS server running in windows 2000.
When I tried to login using the command prompt i get the following error
message

"cvs [login aborted]: the :pserver: access method is not installed on this
system"

I tried with the gserver,sspi etc., but i get the same error message

cvs [login aborted]: the :gserver: access method is not installed on this
system

cvs [login aborted]: the :sspi: access method is not installed on this
system

I checked whether the respective dll is missing in the CVS server
installation path but i am able to see all the dlls' like
pserver_protocol.dll,sspi_protocol.dll etc.,

I have restarted the server also and i also tried to re-install the CVS
server but still persists.

Server version--> cvsnt-2.0.51a
Client              --> wincvs13b17

For More information i able to work from the WinCVS GUI mode but not from
the command prompt, none of the commands are working, please let me know
what should be done.

Hopefully Waiting for the reply.

Regards,
Sathya