[cvsnt] Re: Bug in cvsnt 2.5 error: Input translation failure

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Thu Nov 17 22:23:11 GMT 2005

Dan wrote:
> We recently upgraded from cvsnt 2.0 to 2.5. We started running into
> files that we could no longer update, cvsnt would return this error:
> bash-2.05b$ cvs update SGameObj.cpp
> cvs [update aborted]: Input translation failure

That looks like client/server communication corruption - dodgy
switch/network card? - it's not an error I've ever seen (even had to
search for it as I'd hever heard of it before) but it doesn't look like
anything other than a corrupt network packet could produce it.

Try on a different machine & see if you can repeat it.