[cvsnt] ODBC dependencies in NT4

Gabriel Genellina gagenellina at softlab.com.ar
Fri Nov 18 19:09:55 GMT 2005

Hello

(Originally sent by mail, but never show on the list, so I'm using the
news gateway)

I'm trying to install CVSNT 2.5.03 2151 on a PC with Windows NT 4, and
cvs.exe complains about a missing function ordinal 75 in ODBC32.DLL; it
appears to be 'SQLSetEnvAttr', which requires ODBC 3.0.
So, is ODBC 3.0 a requeriment for install? Even if I don't want the new
database support? Could it be disabled?
Unckecking 'Audit repository events to database' when installing did not
help; I even tried unchecking all items in 'Server Extension Libraries'
with the same results (uninstalling before each attempt).

(ODBC is no longer available for download at microsoft.com and I dont want
to install a giant package like MDAC just for nothing).

Gabriel Genellina
Softlab SRL