[cvsnt] Re: ODBC dependencies in NT4

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Fri Nov 18 20:57:37 GMT 2005

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 16:09:55 -0300, "Gabriel Genellina"
<gagenellina at softlab.com.ar> wrote:

>Hello
>
>(Originally sent by mail, but never show on the list, so I'm using the
>news gateway)
>
>I'm trying to install CVSNT 2.5.03 2151 on a PC with Windows NT 4, and

I think I recall thta Tony has stopped supporting Win NT4 as of the
latest development version 2.5. I might be wrong, but that is my
recollection from another (rather old) thread.

>cvs.exe complains about a missing function ordinal 75 in ODBC32.DLL; it
>appears to be 'SQLSetEnvAttr', which requires ODBC 3.0.
>So, is ODBC 3.0 a requeriment for install? Even if I don't want the new
>database support? Could it be disabled?
>Unckecking 'Audit repository events to database' when installing did not
>help; I even tried unchecking all items in 'Server Extension Libraries'
>with the same results (uninstalling before each attempt).
>
>(ODBC is no longer available for download at microsoft.com and I dont want
>to install a giant package like MDAC just for nothing).

MDAC is not that bad, the installer is about 7-8 Mb in size and it
puts all you need for database access on the PC, probably also what
the Audit plugin needs.

>Gabriel Genellina
>Softlab SRL

/Bo