[cvsnt] Re: ODBC dependencies in NT4

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Fri Nov 18 21:11:36 GMT 2005

Gabriel Genellina wrote:
> Hello
>
> (Originally sent by mail, but never show on the list, so I'm using the
> news gateway)
>
> I'm trying to install CVSNT 2.5.03 2151 on a PC with Windows NT 4, and
> cvs.exe complains about a missing function ordinal 75 in ODBC32.DLL; it
> appears to be 'SQLSetEnvAttr', which requires ODBC 3.0.
> So, is ODBC 3.0 a requeriment for install? Even if I don't want the new
> database support? Could it be disabled?

ODBC 3.0 is part of the standard NT4 install now (it was either added
with SP6a or one of the security updates).

For something as old as NT4 you must have an up to date version (for
security reasons if nothing else).. it's not practical to support APIs
that have been depreciated for 5 years+

cvsnt runs fine on a clean NT4 install + all updates.