[cvsnt] Re: Client won't run on Win98SE

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Fri Nov 18 21:30:39 GMT 2005

Gabriel Genellina wrote:
> I'v tried to install the new client 2.5.3.2151 on a Windows 98 SE.
> CVS95.EXE won't run, two dlls are missing: CVSTOOLS.DLL and CVSAPI.DLL

For about the last year windows 95 support has been basically 'it runs
until it breaks'.  2.5.x is the last generation to have any support for
it at all...

Bo's advice is good - XP Pro (or if you're really strapped for cash, XP
Home) will run fine on anything that can run Win9x anyway, and you get
the benefit that XP is still supported.

I wouldn't envy a developer who had to use Win9x to write code..
<<shudder>>.