[cvsnt] Re: commit problem

bwhicks at aep.com bwhicks at aep.com
Fri Oct 7 14:10:20 BST 2005

We tried your suggestion, but it did not help us at all.

I guess our main concern is that this was not an issue at all, with the
default config for the loginfo file (uncommenting the line in loginfo after
doing a cvs init) in version 2.0.58d of cvsnt and now in version
2.5.02.2099 it doesn't work. Our configuration didn't change.

Brian

             Tony Hoyle
             <tony.hoyle at march
             -hare.com>                                                 To
             Sent by:                  cvsnt at cvsnt.org
             cvsnt-bounces at cvs                                          cc
             nt.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [cvsnt] Re: commit problem
             10/07/2005 06:57
             AM

bwhicks at aep.com wrote:
> If I change the line in loginfo to read:
>
> DEFAULT echo "text"
>
> it echoes "text" to the screen during commits. If I change the line to:
>
> DEFAULT (echo "text")
>
> it gives the error "Exec failed: No such file or directory"
>
> Does anyone have any insight?

It sounds like the shell you're using doesn't support the bracket
syntax.  You could run it directly through bash (which is the only one
that does AFAIK) eg.

DEFAULT /bin/bash -c (echo "test")

Although that example is a bit pointless...