[cvsnt] Re: Does CVS support Linked files?

Brian Post bpost at 80-20.com
Sun Oct 23 08:44:43 BST 2005

I downloaded all the news archives & the only mention of this is the
following
    Using this approach your modules file would include:
    aaa aaa
    bbb bbb
    aaau -a util/uuu1.code util/uuu2.code util/uuu3.code util/uuu5.code
    bbbu -a util/uuu3.code util/uuu4.code util/uuu6.code
    projaaa &aaa &aaau
    projbbb &bbb &bbbu

    Or you might want to use the full util module in both projects and your
modules file would include:
    aaa aaa
    bbb bbb
    util util
    projaaa &aaa &util
    projbbb &bbb &util

    Your file structure when you check out the ampersand modules would be as
follows:
    ==>/sandbox
    ====>/projaaa
    ======>/aaa
    ======>/util
    ====>/projbbb

I have tried all the combinations I can think of but I can't work out what
to set the modules file so that the following Test/RAA/common.asp is linked
to Test/WEB/common.asp
    Test/Web/common.asp
    Test/RAA/common.asp

All the combinations I tried created Test/RAA/WEB/common.asp

Cheers, Brian