[cvsnt] Virtual modules definition problem

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Mon Oct 24 11:59:33 BST 2005

We found a strange problem today while trying tio check in a modification
done to the CVSROOT/modules file.
What happened was that during the rebuild of the administrative files CVSNT
sent back an warning message:

cvs server: warning: NULL value for key `&_WSMClasses'

Since we could not visually see any problems in the modules file we
started changing it and after a while we managed to get it going
again. The workaround we did was to combine the three last entries
in a module definition to a single line.

For visibility we use the line continuation character \ to place
only a single & reference on each line, but when we reached 27 lines
the error appeared.

So this raises a question concerning line continuation:

What are the limitations to this? Is there a limit to te total length
of the final line (after pasting together at the \ chars or is there
a limit to the number of lines a definition can use?

/Bo B