[cvsnt] Re: cvsnt Digest, Vol 34, Issue 60

Gunter Nagel nagel at ebro.de
Tue Oct 25 07:54:21 BST 2005

Tony Hoyle wrote:

>Gunter Nagel wrote:
>> Hello everybody,
>>
>> When I have installed the CVSNT, it is not really possible to tell the
>> cvsnt to become a server and to use a certain protocol and where the
>> cvs
>>
>cvsnt is a server.. it doesn't need telling to become one.

>You can configure it in the control panel.

Well, I had a look into the configuration wizard in the control panel.
Somehow this wizard looks a lot different than that in all the howtos I saw.
Does there exist any howto describing the current version of the wizard?
Which protocol do you suggest for the communication between client and
server? I have tried sspi but somehow the server does not answer on my
requests.
Which CVS-client do you suggest? I have tried TortoiseCVS but it seems to be
a bit buggy and strange. I also tried WinCVS but it has changed a lot since
they made the last howto and using the console is not a nice option.

Best regards
Gunter Nagel

Diese E-Mail kann vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschuetzte Informationen enthalten. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtuemlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und loeschen Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht gestattet.

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is prohibited.