[cvsnt] Re: Latest Updates - CVSNT 2.5.03 Build 2133

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu Oct 27 23:39:26 BST 2005

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 22:52:00 +0100, Tony Hoyle
<tony.hoyle at march-hare.com> wrote:

>Bo Berglund wrote:
>> When I try it and expand the POLARIS node I see the various
>> repositories. But when I doubleclick one of them a login dialog shows
>> up. So I enter my Windows login name (bosse) and my Windows password
>> and click OK. Then the dialog comes back with the following in the
>> header:
>> :sspi:bosse:<my password>@polaris.agiusa.se:2401:/CMP
>>
>> Apparently it does not like my windows login and so it shows the
>> password I entered in cleartext in the dialog...
>
>The login was wrong presumably...  It's calling just cvs to do its work.
>
>Normally for sspi you'll never see a password prompt, since it'll just
>connect automatically... if it has to drop to sserver/pserver it'll ask
>for a password of course.
>
>It's the same code that's in use in workspace manager.. it's been fairly
>well stressed at this point.

Strange, when I access CVS on my PC I never use anything but my own
login (except for testing). For  example like this on a command
prompt:
c:\>set CVSROOT=:sspi:polaris:/Bosse
c:\>cvs ls
Listing modules on server

Advance
BosseTest
CVSMailer
CVSNT
CVSROOT
ImportBin
ImportBin2
ImportTest251
MickeyMouse
ModuleAA
ModuleImp
ModuleImpx
ModuleXX
ModuleYY
ModuleZZ

But when I change to the fully qualified server name I get another
behaviour:
c:\>set CVSROOT=:sspi:polaris.agiusa.se:/Bosse
c:\>cvs ls
cvs [ls aborted]: authorization failed: server polaris.agiusa.se
rejected access to /Bosse

As it happens the WorkSpace Viewer sets the computer name without any
possibility of change by the user and it fails.

The extra domain value (agiusa.se) was added by me when I started the
new PC a few months back to reflect the connection with the main
domain. However there is actually no such domain registered anywhere.
Is this the problem?

I can ping my machine using the long name as well as the shorter one.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)