[cvsnt] Re: Latest Updates - CVSNT 2.5.03 Build 2133

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Fri Oct 28 00:24:02 BST 2005

Bo Berglund wrote:
> Strange, when I access CVS on my PC I never use anything but my own
> login (except for testing). For  example like this on a command
> prompt:
> c:\>set CVSROOT=:sspi:polaris:/Bosse

> But when I change to the fully qualified server name I get another
> behaviour:
> c:\>set CVSROOT=:sspi:polaris.agiusa.se:/Bosse
> c:\>cvs ls
> cvs [ls aborted]: authorization failed: server polaris.agiusa.se
> rejected access to /Bosse
>
> As it happens the WorkSpace Viewer sets the computer name without any
> possibility of change by the user and it fails.

It grabs it from zeroconf.  Shouldn't make any difference really.. I'm
not sure why it does on some networks (doesn't on mine... I can access
any server with either).

> The extra domain value (agiusa.se) was added by me when I started the
> new PC a few months back to reflect the connection with the main
> domain. However there is actually no such domain registered anywhere.
> Is this the problem?

As long as ping works then it'll find it, in theory... I'm guessing some
kind of misconfiguration that isn't handled - if I could repeat it I
could work out what triggers it and work around it.

Does netdiag (in the support directory of your Windows CD if it's not
installed alreadt) give any clues?