[cvsnt] Re: Status of move/rename

Andreas Tscharner starfire at dplanet.ch
Thu Sep 1 20:02:11 BST 2005

David Jackman wrote:
> What's the current status of move/rename?  In the notes for 2.5.01 build
> 1969 last May, there's a note saying rename will "be fixed in the 2.5.02
> timeframe".  Now the latest release candidate is indeed 2.5.02, but none
> of the notes say anything about move/rename.  Is the feature now
> implemented and (hopefully) working?

No it is not. At the time Tony wrote that it will be fixed in the 2.5.02
timeframe, they had another numbering schema. With the new schema it
writes: "will be fixed in the 2.6.x timeframe"

It MIGHT work as long as you rename a file within the same directory,
but this is not recommended (and it never worked for me...)

Best regards
	Andreas
Andreas Tscharner                                   starfire at dplanet.ch