[cvsnt] Re: Why is $CVSROOT sending physical path to scripts????

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Fri Sep 2 23:56:12 BST 2005

Bo Berglund wrote:
> I have a user of CVSMailer complaining about not getting emails and
> after studying his logfiles and the registry of his server I have
> found that for some reason CVSNT is sending the *physical* path to the
> repository as $CVSROOT when loginfo executes instead of the
> RepositoryName as it is supposed to do. Why is this so?
> It surely makes CVSMailer confused and unable to get the physical path
> from the registry...

It isn't... Check the settings on the client/server.

(There's an argument that $CVSROOT *should* be the physical path, but it
isn't at the moment).

eg. in precommand:

ALL cmd.exe /c echo CVSROOT=$CVSROOT REAL_CVSROOT=$REAL_CVSROOT
VIRTUAL_CVSROOT=$VIRTUAL_CVSROOT

prints:

CVSROOT=/repo REAL_CVSROOT=d:/repo VIRTUAL_CVSROOT=/repo /repo ls

(the end of the line is just what's added automatically for precommand).