[cvsnt] Newbie Problem - connecting via SSPI from TortoiseCVS

Worth Robbins wrobbins at macoun.com
Sun Sep 4 18:24:58 BST 2005

I am probably missing something basic.

I have installed cvsnt 2.5.02.2064 on a virgin WindowsXP/sp2  box, with
static ip 192.168.0.5. I have also installed TortoiseCVS-1.8.18 on the same
box. I have the service running, and I have successfully connected with
Tortoise and been able to create and populate a new module. The connection
string locally is:

:sspi:localhost:2401:\cvsrepo, and the module is cvstest.

I have also installed same version of Tortoise on another XP box on the same
network, also static, 192.168.0.4. Both boxes are members of the same
domain. When I try to connect from the other box, logged in as a domain user
with domain admin privilege, with a connection string of:

:sspi:192.168.0.5:2401:\cvsrepo

after 10-20 seconds, I get an error messaage "connect to 192.168.0.5:2401
failed: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not
properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed
because connected host has failed to respond".

Suggestions?

TIA for all help.