[cvsnt] Missing lines in CVS/Entries

Thu Sep 8 13:51:58 BST 2005

Hi,

I occassionally notice on someones Workspace that some Entries-files
do not have all expected entries, e.g. some directories are missing.
At first, i suspected this to be a result of e.g.:

cvs checkout aaa/bbb
cvs checkout aaa/ccc

But in this case, aaa/CVS/Entries contains bbb and ccc as it seems right to me.

In other cases, when doing
cvs checkout aaa
sometimes aaa/CVS/Entries contains e.g. only bbb.

Unfortunately i have not found a reproducible scenario for this,
therefore i would only like to know if anyone has experienced this
before and can give me any hint...

To be precise: After the checkout, the Entries file does not contain
any of the subdirectories, but after an update to an arbitrary
subdirectory all subdirectories are added. Normally, but apparently
not always.

Best regards
 Tobias