[cvsnt] Remote repositories

Shashi Kanth Boddula sboddula at novell.com
Wed Sep 14 10:26:53 BST 2005

Hi

I am confused with lot of access methods available with CVSNT to access
remote repository  ( SSH , Pserver , Sserver , sspi , GSSAPI , SSH ,
etc.. ).I will explain my requirement .

I want to run CVSNT on a Linux machine . I am using Windows 2003 AD
server as a workgroup server . So , my all users ( username and password
) are defined here . I want use these same AD username and password
credentials to access CVSNT repository   on Linux ( locally & remotely )
. To achieve this task , i configured Samba winbind on Linux . By using
Samba winbind , I can authenticate to this Linux machine by using AD
username and password credentials .

-- My users are using Windows XP2 ( On the desktop side )  . They want
to use the same username and password credentials to access the CVSNT
repository ( On Linux machine ) . On the desktop side, which GUI client
that i need to use to achieve this task ?  . And with  respect to this ,
what are the things that need to configure on the server side ( Linux
machine)  ?

-- On the Linux side , what are the thing that i need to enable ? .
Which one , among several access methods ,  will suite my requirement ?

-- My users want web access . They want to check in, check out, etc ..
through web browser . Is this is possible ?

-- As i learned from the documentation is that , by using sserver , the
communication between client ( Windows XP ) and server ( Linux ) will be
encrypted . What are the steps that i need to follow to configure
sserver on CVSNT Linux server ?

Please , anyone give the suggestions to above mentioned problems .

Thanks & Regards,
Shashi Kanth