[cvsnt] Remote repositories

dgzielke at aep.com dgzielke at aep.com
Wed Sep 14 18:09:16 BST 2005

No problem with your configuration that I can see.  We have a similar
environment as yours.  We use WinCVS or TortoiseCVS (whichever one the
developer prefers) and connect to the repository via the SSPI protocol.
Not sure about the web access, but there's probably a web or Java based
interface out there somewhere.   I think that TortoiseCVS is probably the
easiest and most seamless interface there is.

http://www.wincvs.org   (you'll also need Python for scripting support:
http://www.python.org)
http://www.tortoisecvs.org

Thanks,
Don Zielke
American Electric Power
Direct (614) 716-3453
Audinet 8-200-3453
Email dgzielke (at) aep.com

             "Shashi Kanth
             Boddula"
             <sboddula at novell.                                          To
             com>                      <cvsnt at cvsnt.org>
             cvsnt-bounces at cvs
             nt.org                                                Subject
                                       [cvsnt] Remote repositories

             09/14/2005 05:26
             AM

Hi

I am confused with lot of access methods available with CVSNT to access
remote repository  ( SSH , Pserver , Sserver , sspi , GSSAPI , SSH ,
etc.. ).I will explain my requirement .

I want to run CVSNT on a Linux machine . I am using Windows 2003 AD
server as a workgroup server . So , my all users ( username and password
) are defined here . I want use these same AD username and password
credentials to access CVSNT repository   on Linux ( locally & remotely )
. To achieve this task , i configured Samba winbind on Linux . By using
Samba winbind , I can authenticate to this Linux machine by using AD
username and password credentials .

-- My users are using Windows XP2 ( On the desktop side )  . They want
to use the same username and password credentials to access the CVSNT
repository ( On Linux machine ) . On the desktop side, which GUI client
that i need to use to achieve this task ?  . And with  respect to this ,
what are the things that need to configure on the server side ( Linux
machine)  ?

-- On the Linux side , what are the thing that i need to enable ? .
Which one , among several access methods ,  will suite my requirement ?

-- My users want web access . They want to check in, check out, etc ..
through web browser . Is this is possible ?

-- As i learned from the documentation is that , by using sserver , the
communication between client ( Windows XP ) and server ( Linux ) will be
encrypted . What are the steps that i need to follow to configure
sserver on CVSNT Linux server ?

Please , anyone give the suggestions to above mentioned problems .

Thanks & Regards,
Shashi Kanth