[cvsnt] Remote repositories

Torsten Martinsen torsten at tiscali.dk
Thu Sep 15 19:58:15 BST 2005

Shashi Kanth Boddula wrote:

>-- My users are using Windows XP2 ( On the desktop side )  . They want
>to use the same username and password credentials to access the CVSNT
>repository ( On Linux machine ) . On the desktop side, which GUI client
>that i need to use to achieve this task ?

You can use any GUI client. All GUI clients (apart from Eclipse) use the
CVSNT executable to perform the CVS commands.

>  . And with  respect to this ,
>what are the things that need to configure on the server side ( Linux
>machine)  ?

Enable SSPI support as described in
http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/InstallationLinux.

>-- On the Linux side , what are the thing that i need to enable ? .
>Which one , among several access methods ,  will suite my requirement ?

SSPI is the obvious choice.

>-- My users want web access . They want to check in, check out, etc ..
>through web browser . Is this is possible ?

It is not possible to check in using a browser. Why do they want to do
this using a cumbersome web interface?
By installing ViewCVS, you can view history information etc. using a
browser.

-Torsten