[cvsnt] Re: How to delete a branch in cvs?

Glen Starrett glen.starrett at march-hare.com
Wed Apr 5 15:21:31 BST 2006

Sujith Prabhu wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I need to delete a branch from CVS. I looked in the google but couldnt find
> any solution. Many places I saw instructions to delete a tag but no where I
> could find how to delete a branch.

That's a very sensitive operation, but it uses the same method as a tag
deletion.  If you have any files committed to the branch then you'll
loose those versions.

I don't know about the CVSHome version of CVS (aka "plain old CVS").
You're using their server, and they may have different rules about
deleting branch tags.

> Version info :
> Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.8 (client/server)
> Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVS) 1.11.1 (client/server)

That's a very old client (and server too, I think) you're using.  You
should consider updating.

--
Glen Starrett