[cvsnt] Re: Lost keyword expansion setting after multiplemergeswith added files

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Wed Apr 5 17:25:50 BST 2006

I changed the tag value in the bbatch file and also changed the folder
name.
Then I executed the test:

C:\3RProj\Bosse\Test\CVStests>stickytest.bat

C:\3RProj\Bosse\Test\CVStests>md cvstest

C:\3RProj\Bosse\Test\CVStests>cvs add cvstest
Directory /Bosse/Test/CVStests/cvstest added to the repository

C:\3RProj\Bosse\Test\CVStests>cvs update -A cvstest
cvs server: Updating cvstest

C:\3RProj\Bosse\Test\CVStests>cd cvstest

C:\3RProj\Bosse\Test\CVStests\cvstest>echo binary  1>BinaryMerge.txt

C:\3RProj\Bosse\Test\CVStests\cvstest>cvs add -kb BinaryMerge.txt
cvs server: scheduling file `BinaryMerge.txt' for addition
cvs server: use 'cvs commit' to add this file permanently

C:\3RProj\Bosse\Test\CVStests\cvstest>cvs commit -m "Baseline version"
BinaryMerge.txt
RCS file: /Bosse/Test/CVStests/cvstest/BinaryMerge.txt,v
done
Checking in BinaryMerge.txt;
/Bosse/Test/CVStests/cvstest/BinaryMerge.txt,v  <--  BinaryMerge.txt
initial revision: 1.1
done

C:\3RProj\Bosse\Test\CVStests\cvstest>cd ..

C:\3RProj\Bosse\Test\CVStests>cvs update -r BRANCH_AES -jHEAD cvstest
cvs [server aborted]: no such tag BRANCH_AES

C:\3RProj\Bosse\Test\CVStests>cvs status cvstest/BinaryMerge.txt
File: BinaryMerge.txt   Status: Up-to-date

   Working revision:    1.1
   Repository revision: 1.1
/Bosse/Test/CVStests/cvstest/BinaryMerge.txt,v
   Expansion option:    b
   Commit Identifier:   83c4433d4ac760c
   Sticky Tag:          (none)
   Sticky Date:         (none)
   Sticky Options:      b
   Merge From:          (none)

C:\3RProj\Bosse\Test\CVStests>cvs update -r BRANCH_AES -jHEAD cvstest
cvs [server aborted]: no such tag BRANCH_AES

C:\3RProj\Bosse\Test\CVStests>cvs status cvstest/BinaryMerge.txt
File: BinaryMerge.txt   Status: Up-to-date

   Working revision:    1.1
   Repository revision: 1.1
/Bosse/Test/CVStests/cvstest/BinaryMerge.txt,v
   Expansion option:    b
   Commit Identifier:   83c4433d4ac760c
   Sticky Tag:          (none)
   Sticky Date:         (none)
   Sticky Options:      b
   Merge From:          (none)

C:\3RProj\Bosse\Test\CVStests>

At the end I used WinCvs to get the status of the file:

cvs status -v -- BinaryMerge.txt (in directory
C:\3RProj\Bosse\Test\CVStests\cvstest)
File: BinaryMerge.txt  	Status: Up-to-date

   Working revision:	1.1
   Repository revision:	1.1
/Bosse/Test/CVStests/cvstest/BinaryMerge.txt,v
   Expansion option:	b
   Commit Identifier:	83c4433d4ac760c
   Sticky Tag:		(none)
   Sticky Date:		(none)
   Sticky Options:	b
   Merge From:		(none)

   Existing Tags:
	No Tags Exist

***** CVS exited normally with code 0 *****

As you can see the file is still binary for me...
And the error persists concerning the tag.

The tag BRANCH_AES *does* exist in the *repository* in a completely
different location of course.

Best regards,

Bo Berglund