[cvsnt] Re: i have had problems to comiit or create a paste on an module

Glen Starrett glen.starrett at march-hare.com
Thu Apr 13 17:58:19 BST 2006

Cia Quatro - Jonas wrote:
> this error showed for me  when i send commit.
> "cvs [server aborted]: "commit" requires write access to the repository"
>
> using google -> cvs wite access
> said to me that's a security winnt problem.. but i put write,read and
> others to all on folder of my repository
>
> i need help to commit my changes on repository.
>
> i have winnt 2000 use cvs 2.5

There are 3 methods to establish security on your repository:

1) NTFS file permissions.

2) chacl / rchacl command within CVSNT.

3) writers / readers file in the CVSROOT.  This is a very coarse method
that has been replaced with the chacl command, but still works for
backward compatibility AFAIK.

It sounds like you checked option 1 already, try looking into the others.

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett