[cvsnt] Re: Using SSPI destroys fileattr.xml

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Thu Apr 13 19:11:24 BST 2006

Jelinek, Robert wrote:
> Version: CVSNT 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2260 (Client and Server)
>
> If SSPI is used for authentication, then the username becomes something
> like domain/username. This leads to problems with fileattr.xml (it gets
> corrupted), so further access always fails.

Can you give an example?  It's perfectly valid to have '/' in a username.

> f.e. an cvs edit leads to
> "file[@name=F'filename']/editor[@name=U'domain/username']". This string
> should be separated to the file- and the editor-option, but it is also
> splitted after the domain.

?? Not sure what you're saying here.

That will find

<File name="filename">
    <Editor name="domain/username" />
</File>

Which is exactly what you want it to do.

> I have also used this position to lowercase the username (and domain),
> because windows sometimes uses uppercase, sometimes lowercase usernames

Not necessary - username compares are not case sensitive in Windows.