[cvsnt] Re: storing lock files on cvs

glenn opdycke-hansen glennoph at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 04:38:25 BST 2006

The application/system deploys code to one or more remote hosts.
The code for the application is stored in cvsnt.  I do not have access
to a database.  Since multiple people can be deploying from different
PCs at the same time, there was a chance that the same application
could be deployed to the same host.
The goals were to be able to see what deploys were active and to
provide a mechanism that would prevent multiple concurrent deploys.

I think that storing the lock files in cvsnt could work.  I am looking
for some feedback.
The bulk of the system is written in Ant.  Reading a db from Ant is
possible, just not something that I have experience with.

--glenn