[cvsnt] Re: Using SSPI destroys fileattr.xml

Jelinek, Robert jelinek.robert at siemens.com
Fri Apr 14 18:58:11 BST 2006

Ok, I will try it in another way:

username: DOM/cvsuser
CVSROOT: :sspi:testserver.dummy.com:/cvsrep
command to perform: cvs edit dummy.txt

This leads to a call of CXmlNode::Lookup with the parameter "file[@name=F'dummy.txt']/editor[@name=U'DOM/cvsuser']". This routine should split this parameters into "file[@name=F'dummy.txt']" and "editor[@name=U'DOM/cvsuser']", but it splits it into three parameters ("file[@name=F'dummy.txt']", "editor[@name=U'DOM" and "cvsuser']"). With this three parameters it writes an entry into fileattr.xml, which can not be interpreted later (f.e doing cvs unedit dummy.txt fails). This behaviour of CXmlNode::Lookup is caused by the character '/', which is used for separation of the parameters and is not allowed as a valid member of the filename or username. The routine should be extended to allow '/' as a valid character, if it is inside of a string which is surrounded by '.

If you like, I send a corrupted fileattr.xml to this list after eastern (when I am at work again).