[cvsnt] Problems with case sensitive usernames using :SSPI: as authentication

Jelinek, Robert jelinek.robert at siemens.com
Fri Apr 14 19:06:13 BST 2006

My situation:

Server: Debian-Linux
Clients: Windows (WinCVS with CVSNT)
Authentication: SSPI

If my users use SSPI as login method, the login information is taken from the login of Windows. Sometimes the users login with username, sometimes with Username, sometimes with USERNAME, sometimes with UserName, ...

For windows, all those users are the same, so they all get authenticated by Windows (on the clients) and the winbind-wrapper (on the server). For cvsnt this leads to problems, because a users starts to edit a file as username and unedit it with Username (which is not able, because those usernames are different for cvsnt and it´s information in fileattr.xml). My solution (at this moment) is to lowercase all usernames in the sspi_auth_procotol_connect-Routine.

Any meanings to this "problem"?