[cvsnt] Performance problem with pserver protocol

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Fri Apr 28 22:34:04 BST 2006

Martin,

Nothing you've written indicates a performance problem with the pserver
protocol.  If the admin user is using the :local: protocol that doen't
help if there is a network problem since it's direct
(non-client/server).

This FAQ explains the info that you can supply that may help diagnose
your problem:
http://march-hare.com/cvspro/faq/faq2.asp#2z

In particular the trace will include date/time stamps for each step and
give you an indication of which specific steps are slow.

On Windows server the sserver or SSPI protocol is recommended:
http://march-hare.com/cvspro/security.htm

Regards,

Arthur Barrett