[cvsnt] Re: Win2k server and linux clients - Control Panel docs

Glen Starrett glen.starrett at march-hare.com
Sat Apr 29 14:08:55 BST 2006

Hi Chaz,

Chaz Ackerman wrote:
> Hi, I am new to CVSNT and installed it on a Win2K server. I am trying
> to get it configured to talk to my Linux cvs clients (using ssh). Can
> someone point me to the proper documentation for this? I have been
> reading and reading the manuals but I haven't come across this
> particular configuration.

We don't recommend using SSH as a server protocol on Windows.  See "What
security protocols/authentication mechanisms do March Hare Software
recommend?" on the following page:

http://march-hare.com/cvspro/security.htm

> Also, the CVSNT Control panel documentation seems to be a bit behind
> the latest version in the documentation. Is there more recent
> documentation for the latest CVSNT Control Panel?

In general the control panel items mirror the config and other
administrative files.  Those settings are described in the server config
information.  There is a getting started guide that can help with some
of the aspects of the control panel, see "InstallationTips" on this page:
http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/

The eBook (included with CVS Suite) does have better documentation on
the control panel.  You can purchase it here:
http://march-hare.com/cvspro/

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett